7 weeks! 10-30-20 to 11-5-20
Happy Halloween and Happy 7 weeks! Mom and Bethany came to town since we always go to Round Top this time of year but since COVID is a factor now, we decided to just go for the day and be extra safe. I was so happy to have them here but still again, I was tip-toeing around trying to not let on that I am feeling crummy most the day and feel like I could vomit at any second.
The arrived late on the 29th and I was so overjoyed when they pulled up!! Makes my heart so happy! On the 30th, we went wedding dress shopping at Unbridled and Bethany found her dress! It is so beautiful! I couldn't help but cry happy tears! Maybe hormones have a roll in that too but it was so stunning on her! It's now being made in New Zealand by a designer name Rou de Scene (?) and it was so special being a part of that moment. Afterward, we went to TrueFood at the Domain where we enjoyed soup and salad ( little do they know that's about all I can stomach but I played it off as I just wanted something health and light for the afternoon). We shopped the Domain for a bit, got Sprinkles cupcakes to go, picked Brandon up dinner, and then came home to rest.
10-31: The girls slept in and then went shopping while I had a half day of clinical at the hospital. I felt positively lousy so it was a good thing I was away from there for the morning. After clinical, I had Chipotle delivered, I seem to tolerate the beans and rice bowl well, and then we headed to Round Top. I slept in the back for a little while, which I really enjoyed since I wasn't feeling well. As always, Round Top was just as cute and quaint as always. We were extra safe and wore our masks the whole time but I'm so glad we went! We visited our favorite vendors and shops, had dinner at The Garden Co, which was wonderful and the salmon salad is just want I needed for energy, and then we headed back to Austin. We spent Sunday morning watching church online, eating avocado toast delivered from Waterloo, along with Brandon's favorite biscuits and gravy, and then sadly they had to leave. My heart always breaks when they leave (or I leave them) but I'm so glad they came to visit and that we got our traditional trip to Round Top in for the year.
On Tuesday, November 3rd, I couldn't wait for the day to begin! Today was our first doctor appointment and pregnancy confirmation visit!!! Brandon and I visited with Dr. Capet and then heard the heartbeat!!! It was the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard!!! The visit was short and sweet and the heart beat was just for a few seconds but I feel like I can relax and know that this is really happening!!! WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!! After our appointment, I rode with Brandon to his work appointment in Belton and then we found a beautiful little water front seafood spot called Dead Fish Grill, for lunch. Starving, I had a fried shrimp basket and he had chicken fried steak!
When we got home, he had work to do and I headed to lab for first trimester panel to be drawn. I had such a great day with Brandon and baby and I'm so excited for what's to come!
Comments
Post a Comment