6 weeks! 10-23-20 to 10-29-20
Morning sickness has started!! It is awful!! I wake up around 3-4am every day and need to go vomit, which usually is more dry-heaving than vomiting but I have found that just moving to the bathroom is better than getting in/out of bed 10 times before 8am. I have also found that sitting in a hot shower for the worst of it seems to help too. It's so strange- I don't want to eat a single thing but eating is the only thing that seems to help resolve it. I usually feel awful until about 2pm so I know that when I wake up sick, if I can just get to 2:00, I'll be okay. For now, bland oatmeal and Campbells chicken noodle soup/crackers/sprite are about all that I can stomach. I'll swab out oatmeal for 2 scrambled eggs every other day, which also settle well but overall, the thought of food quite literally makes me sick. Some days it's all I can do to migrate from the bed to the couch and not for fatigue, but for feelings of nausea and unsettled stomach. It's all worth it though and I try not to complain. Brandon is so sweet! He gets up every morning with me and comes to check on me in the bathroom once the dry-heaving commences. He brings me sprite and crackers, a cool washcloth for my neck, and even got me a knee cushion so my knees don't hurt from having to spend so long on them while leaning over the toilet. I really appreciate his involvement and efforts to make me more comfortable.
On the 29th, we braved a hair appointment! I really needed a hair cut but was nervous as to how I would tolerate it while feeling so sick. I made a 1:00 appt which was a great decision! I didn't feel great but I got through it and a nice hair cut always makes me feel better!
Symptoms: Morning sickness all the way! Food aversions, smell aversions, insomnia.
Comments
Post a Comment